*This article has been written in collaboration with CURE BREAST CANCER Foundation.
In October, we wear pink. Breast Cancer Awareness Month is dedicated to help increase awareness of the second leading cause of cancer-related deaths in women and the most common cancer among Canadian women (excluding non-melanoma skin cancers). Breast cancer can also occur in men, but it is not common.
People wear pink ribbons to honour survivors, remember those lost to the disease, and support the progress we are making together to defeat breast cancer.
It is estimated that in 2020:
- 27,400 women will have been diagnosed with breast cancer. This represents 25% of all new cancer cases in women in 2020.
- 5,100 women will have died from breast cancer. This represents 13% of all cancer deaths in women in 2020.
- On average, 75 Canadian women are diagnosed with breast cancer every day.
- On average, 14 Canadian women will die from breast cancer every day.
- 240 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer and 55 will die from breast cancer.
G.M. Collin has partnered with CURE BEAST CANCER Foundation, in a pledge to donate $5 for each Ceramide Comfort Serum and Native Collagen Gel sold in October.